Don’t miss the chance to see living legends live right here in Ocean City! Shoreline Properties is here today with the scoop. On August 23rd, head on down to the Ocean City Performing Arts Center at either 4:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. and watch The Beach Boys rock out at one of two shows! Purchase your tickets today before they sell out!
We here at Shoreline Properties value efficiency. We also value your vacation. Given this, we came up with a brand new system that will help you maximize your Ocean City stay. As our hard-at-work cleaners finish each property, that increases the chances of good news for you! If your property becomes ready before the 3:00 check-in, we’ll send you a text. As soon as you receive that text, come on down to our office and pick up your keys! Thanks to our new texting system, early check-in is now a possibility. Just keep a lookout for that text from Shoreline, and get an early start on your Ocean City vacation!
Ocean City has a long-held reputation of being a family-friendly resort. We’ve got so many activities for kids and adults alike. But sometimes… you need a break from the kids and a little quality time with your significant other. And we’ve got plenty of attractions for you lovebirds as well! Here are five places we at Shoreline Properties recommend for a night on the town with your beloved:
1. Fager’s Island: Fager’s is one of Ocean City’s more upscale restaurants. It features delicious cuisine, live bands, and even a club! It’s a great place to grab dinner and a show. Hundreds of couples flock to this amazing restaurant every year, and you should too.
2. Sunset Grille: For a real romantic meal, take your loved one to this swanky restaurant right on the bay! Enjoy gourmet food and watch the sun set over the water. It’s a peaceful, serene environment that’ll have you staring into each others’ eyes for hours.
3. Seacrets: This club is one of our most famous attractions, and for good reason. Take your partner for dinner and dancing, or just to lounge with a drink in your hands. Enjoy live music and talented DJs and dance the night away!
4. Sun & Surf Cinema: If you’re not up for much activity, go on a movie date! This theater is the perfect place to just relax and take in a film together. Recently renovated, this theater has comfy recliners instead of traditional theater seats. Reserve your seats ahead of time, and maybe you can snag one of the two-person love seats! Relive your youth on a good, old-fashioned movie date night.
5. The Shore: If you’re not looking for a fuss (or something that costs money), go for a walk along the beach! Watching the sun set over the ocean is one of the most romantic things in the world. Walk along the edge and talk or just stroll in companionable silence. For the couple who likes the simple things in life, this is the perfect date spot for you!
Whether you’re adventurous or chill, there are so many options for a vacation date night you’ll remember for a long time to come! Shoreline Properties wishes you a happy vacation and a happy love!
Everyone loves to swim in the ocean! The salt of the sea and motion of the waves provide hours of fun and relaxation. But please bare in mind: the ocean is a wild force, controlled by the tides. While you’re having fun on your Ocean City vacation, be sure you’re being safe. Here are some tips from Shoreline Properties on staying safe in the ocean:
- Pay attention to the tides and roughness of the waves. If you don’t think you can handle rougher waves, take a break from swimming. If you think you can, always keep your bearings. Keep your spot on the beach and a lifeguard in sight. Watch out for the people around you. Look ahead to the waves that are coming next. Always remain aware of your surroundings.
- Stay updated on the presence of riptides. Certain areas of the Ocean City beach are prone to riptides. If you are unsure if one could be near, ask a lifeguard. If you see people avoiding a certain area, stay away from that area: it is very probably a riptide. If you find yourself caught in a riptide, swim to the side, not toward the shore. If you swim sideways, you will free yourself from the rip current. From there, you can swim to shore.
- Never leave children unattended. Make sure they are always in your sight and easy to reach in an emergency. Children may not know their limits or understand that the water is too rough. Remove children from currents you do not think they can handle.
- Take breaks. You don’t want to tire yourself. This will make it harder to swim if you find yourself caught in a particularly rough current. Even if you don’t feel tired, be sure to take several breaks throughout the day. Enforce breaks for your children, especially since they will likely need more than you. Conserve your energy just in case the tide gets a little too rough.
- Please, please, please only swim when a lifeguard is present. It is far easier to lose control in the ocean than in a lake or pool. Even if you are a very good swimmer, please only swim when there is a professional who can help if something happens. The ocean does not care if you make it back to shore, but we at Shoreline Properties do.
If you follow these tips, we here at Shoreline are certain you will remain safe while swimming the day away. We love our ocean, but we love our guests even more. Now, head to the beach and enjoy all Ocean City has to offer!
Coming up in August, we have a lot of fun events and activities in Ocean City! Shoreline Properties wants to help you plan your vacation accordingly so you can enjoy all we have to offer! Our most anticipated event is the annual White Marlin Fishing Tournament. Here are all the exciting events we have this month (free events denoted with a *):
August 5: Beach 5 Sand Soccer- Talbot Street to 1st Street Beach
August 7-11: White Marlin Open Fishing Tournament- Harbour Island Marina, 14th Street
August 9-13: Artists Paint OC: A Plein Air Event- Center for the Arts, 94th Street
August 17-19: Capt. Steve Harman’s Poor Girls Open- Bahia Marina, 21st & 22nd Streets
August 19: ESA Summer Surf Series- 46th Street Beach
August 19: Wings and Wheels Expo- Ocean City Airport, West OC
August 23: The Beach Boys- Performing Arts Center, 40th Street
August 24-27: Ocean City Jeep Week*
August 27- September 10: Ocean City Hotel Week (excluding Labor Day weekend)- Participating hotels
Ocean City is a place where people of all creeds, ethnicities, sexualities, and more come together. One way this is expressed is with our annual Greek Festival! Every day from July 28th through the 31st, head on down to the Convention Center on 40th Street and experience all things Greek!
Starting at noon, enjoy authentic Greek food, music, and performances! There are so many delicious choices: lamb shank, dolmathes, spanakopita, baked lemon chicken, pastitsio, tiropitas, Greek salad, gyros, moussaka, and dessert choices like Baklava, rice pudding, and loukoumathes! When you’ve eaten your fill, dance to the music of Golden Flame and watch the Greek dancers.
But that’s not all! You can enter the “Best Odds in Town” raffle for a 1 in 200 chance to win $10,000! Admission and parking are totally free and the entire place is handicap accessible.
Shoreline Properties humbly invites you to feel like a Greek at the 28th Annual Ocean City Greek Festival! It’s fun for the whole family!
Vacations are fun, but, boy, are they expensive! And sometimes, no matter how much you prepare, you get here and realize you forgot something! What do you do? Well, stress no more! So many things you need are available for rent! Beach chairs and umbrellas are available for daily rentals all along the beach. We have several bike rental shops in town, in case you need a more convenient way to get around. You can also rent wheelchairs, cribs, linens, and so much more! Ask your friendly local rental coordinator for more details!
Don’t miss the fourth annual fishing tournament extravaganza on July 28th through 30th! Down at the Talbot Street Pier, witness some of the biggest fish you’ve ever seen! Competitors try to catch marlin and tuna, each hoping to have the biggest and heaviest one! You can watch all of the excitement and try to win cool prizes absolutely free! 32 hours of fishing is sure to bring back fish worthy of memorializing on the tournament t-shirts! And don’t miss out on the weigh-ins from 4pm to 9pm each night. You won’t want to miss the moment a team wins over $300,000! Experience fishing like never before at this event to end all events!
One of Ocean City’s most famous attractions is our two and a half-mile long Boardwalk and fun-filled Inlet! There’s so much to do, from rides to shopping to enjoying the local cuisine! Here are Shoreline Properties’ five favorite things to do at the Boardwalk:
- Thrasher’s Fries- It’s not a trip to the Boardwalk without a stop at Thrasher’s! They are always made fresh with plenty of options for extra flavoring, including salt and vinegar! Everyone loves Thrasher’s- even the seagulls! If you’re looking for a delicious treat to eat, stop by our world-famous fry stand!
- The Slingshot- There are so many amusement park rides to choose from, but this one will really give you an adrenaline rush! Get strapped into a metal ball and catapulted into the air! You’ll feel like you’re flying as your soar above the Inlet and drop back down to the ground. You can even take home a video of your ride so you can relive it over and over again! If you’re spoiling for a thrill, this is one ride you don’t want to miss.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum- If you’re a fan of unbelievable history and oddities, you have to check out this museum! It’s filled with things that will blow your mind, from mind-boggling science to optical illusions to the wildest things in history! One of our employees loves it so much, she’s been there five times! Don’t pass up the opportunity to have your mind blown and your core shaken!
- The Inlet Village- If you’re not finding any cool souvenirs in our many souvenir shops, head down to the very end of the Boardwalk and discover a hidden group of adorable little shops. They have everything, from clothing to toys to kitschy knick-knacks! Explore this little-known hot spot of wonder and find something that will help you remember your vacation forever!
- Kohr Bros.- While there are many sweet treats to choose from, Kohrs remains one of Ocean City’s longest-running Boardwalk attractions. There are so many flavors of frozen yogurt to choose from, and you can even combine flavors! You can put whatever toppings you want on your yogurt, including sprinkles and granola. You can also choose whether you want it in a cup or a cone! With so many different choices, you just might have to make more than one visit to our most popular frozen yogurt shop!
There is so much more to do at the Boardwalk and Inlet, but nothing beats these attractions. Next time you head down to our famous Boardwalk, make sure you check out each of them and make the most of your vacation!
Ocean City is a great place to be! There’s so much fun to be had and plenty of ways to relax. But with all the visitors, it can get a little hectic. Shoreline Properties would like to provide you with a few tips to stay safe on your summer vacation.
- Please use the crosswalks when crossing the highway. No one wants to wait to have fun, but jaywalking is not only dangerous but illegal. Please bare in mind that there is lots of traffic in the summer going very fast and utilizing the crosswalks is the best way to get from here to there. Wait for the crosswalk light to tell you it’s safe to cross and then head on over to whatever exciting attraction you wish!
- Please drive safely and stay with the flow of traffic. There’s a lot of stop-and-go traffic in the summer, so watch out for the cars around you. Additionally, watch out for the bikers in the bike lane. They cannot go as fast as motor vehicles and are in a far more vulnerable position that you. Be aware of your surroundings and drive safe.
- Please watch for cars when you ride your bike in the bike lane. While you are entitled to ride in that lane, keep in mind that you are vulnerable on the open-air, slow-moving bikes. If a car gets into the lane behind you, move onto the sidewalk until they pass. At night, be sure you have reflective gear on your bike and that you wear bright colors so you can be seen. Stay vigilant and bike safely.
- Please be careful on balconies. Never sit on the railing or concrete guarding. Keep an eye on children sticking their heads between the bars. Don’t let small children on the balcony unsupervised. Balconies are for relaxing and taking in the view, not accidents.
- Stay updated on the tides. Swim carefully in rough waves. Always obey the lifeguards. If you find yourself stuck, swim sideways instead of forward. Never leave children unattended. We want your ocean experience to be both safe and fun!
As long as you follow these tips, you’ll be A-okay all vacation long. Shoreline Properties cares about our guests and aims to ensure you have the best vacation possible. Stay safe, and you’ll find Ocean City has a lot more to offer!