It’s never too late to make a weekend getaway here in Ocean City! No matter the time of year, there’s always plenty to do! Get into the holiday spirit with any of Ocean City’s big 5k run/walks: American Cancer Society Strides Against Breast Cancer, Seaside 10 Miler/5k Run Halloween Bash, or Storm Warriors 5k Run/Walk! Live like high society at the 2017 Hal Glick Award Gala on November 12th or get together with the community for lunch at the Atlantic United Methodist Church 39th Annual Christmas Bazaar & Luncheon on November 10th and 11th! There’s something to do, no matter what your interests are!
If you want to get involved in charity and are up for a little exercise, take part in one of our 5k run/walks. On October 21st, help raise money to fight breast cancer with the American Cancer Society. Head down to the Inlet for the 7:30am registration and choose whether you want to join the 9am run or the 9:15 walk. Either way, it’s for a great cause! If you can’t make that run/walk, don’t worry! On November 11th, join the Storm Warriors 5k Run/Walk that benefits the Ocean City Life Saving Station Museum. Registration is a 8am at the Inlet and the race starts at 9am. Don’t miss it!
We’ve also got a great 5k for for the spooky among you! Take part in the Seaside 10 Miler/5k Run Halloween Bash. No registration is required; just be ready to take off from the Inlet at 9am sharp!
Need an excuse to dress up and be fancy? Join us at 5pm on November 12th at the Clarion Fontainbleau for the 2017 Hal Glick Award Gala. Help us honor Reese Cropper III at the event of the year. Sponsorships, table purchases, and seats are available at oceancity.org.
Would you prefer a more laid-back event? Head over to the Atlantic United Methodist Church on November 10-11 for their 39th Annual Christmas Bazaar & Luncheon. All proceeds benefit AUMC missions. Or you can go to the Clarion Hotel on November 5th at 6:30pm and experience a wonderful performance by Six 13, a Jewish a capella group.
To learn more about these events and more, go to oceancity.org!
Excitement is in the air as we gear up for this year’s Endless Summer Cruisin’ event here in Ocean City! Shoreline Properties welcomes owners and enthusiasts of every classic car under the sun! Watch the cars as they tear down Coastal Highway or go check them out down at the Inlet! You won’t want to miss all the activities we have planned, from the parade to the car show to the auction! For more details, check out http://ococean.com/events/endless-summer-cruisin.
Shoreline Properties welcomes the bikers to Ocean City for our annual Bikefest! All activities are at the Convention Center and the Inlet parking lot. Jump on your hog and show Ocean City what you and your bike gang are made of!
Looking for an easy, stress-free way to spend Labor Day during your Ocean City vacation? Look no farther! Shoreline Properties invites you to the Labor Day movie event! On September 2nd, head on down to Northside Park on 125th Street for a 7pm feature film! Have a picnic dinner under the twilight and take in a film, all free of charge! You don’t want to miss this evening of fun! For more information, call Kim Allison at 410-250-0125!
Just because the summer is coming to an end, doesn’t mean the fun has to! You won’t want to miss out on our excellent off-season prices and flexible dates! Take off one more weekend with us or fake sick for a few days and sneak off to Ocean City! Shoreline Properties still has plenty of great condos and houses for you to spend one last romp at! Check out what we’ve got left right here on our website or give us a call at 1-800-492-5832! We want to help you make the summer fun last!
Don’t miss the chance to see living legends live right here in Ocean City! Shoreline Properties is here today with the scoop. On August 23rd, head on down to the Ocean City Performing Arts Center at either 4:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. and watch The Beach Boys rock out at one of two shows! Purchase your tickets today before they sell out!
Ocean City has a long-held reputation of being a family-friendly resort. We’ve got so many activities for kids and adults alike. But sometimes… you need a break from the kids and a little quality time with your significant other. And we’ve got plenty of attractions for you lovebirds as well! Here are five places we at Shoreline Properties recommend for a night on the town with your beloved:
1. Fager’s Island: Fager’s is one of Ocean City’s more upscale restaurants. It features delicious cuisine, live bands, and even a club! It’s a great place to grab dinner and a show. Hundreds of couples flock to this amazing restaurant every year, and you should too.
2. Sunset Grille: For a real romantic meal, take your loved one to this swanky restaurant right on the bay! Enjoy gourmet food and watch the sun set over the water. It’s a peaceful, serene environment that’ll have you staring into each others’ eyes for hours.
3. Seacrets: This club is one of our most famous attractions, and for good reason. Take your partner for dinner and dancing, or just to lounge with a drink in your hands. Enjoy live music and talented DJs and dance the night away!
4. Sun & Surf Cinema: If you’re not up for much activity, go on a movie date! This theater is the perfect place to just relax and take in a film together. Recently renovated, this theater has comfy recliners instead of traditional theater seats. Reserve your seats ahead of time, and maybe you can snag one of the two-person love seats! Relive your youth on a good, old-fashioned movie date night.
5. The Shore: If you’re not looking for a fuss (or something that costs money), go for a walk along the beach! Watching the sun set over the ocean is one of the most romantic things in the world. Walk along the edge and talk or just stroll in companionable silence. For the couple who likes the simple things in life, this is the perfect date spot for you!
Whether you’re adventurous or chill, there are so many options for a vacation date night you’ll remember for a long time to come! Shoreline Properties wishes you a happy vacation and a happy love!
Everyone loves to swim in the ocean! The salt of the sea and motion of the waves provide hours of fun and relaxation. But please bare in mind: the ocean is a wild force, controlled by the tides. While you’re having fun on your Ocean City vacation, be sure you’re being safe. Here are some tips from Shoreline Properties on staying safe in the ocean:
- Pay attention to the tides and roughness of the waves. If you don’t think you can handle rougher waves, take a break from swimming. If you think you can, always keep your bearings. Keep your spot on the beach and a lifeguard in sight. Watch out for the people around you. Look ahead to the waves that are coming next. Always remain aware of your surroundings.
- Stay updated on the presence of riptides. Certain areas of the Ocean City beach are prone to riptides. If you are unsure if one could be near, ask a lifeguard. If you see people avoiding a certain area, stay away from that area: it is very probably a riptide. If you find yourself caught in a riptide, swim to the side, not toward the shore. If you swim sideways, you will free yourself from the rip current. From there, you can swim to shore.
- Never leave children unattended. Make sure they are always in your sight and easy to reach in an emergency. Children may not know their limits or understand that the water is too rough. Remove children from currents you do not think they can handle.
- Take breaks. You don’t want to tire yourself. This will make it harder to swim if you find yourself caught in a particularly rough current. Even if you don’t feel tired, be sure to take several breaks throughout the day. Enforce breaks for your children, especially since they will likely need more than you. Conserve your energy just in case the tide gets a little too rough.
- Please, please, please only swim when a lifeguard is present. It is far easier to lose control in the ocean than in a lake or pool. Even if you are a very good swimmer, please only swim when there is a professional who can help if something happens. The ocean does not care if you make it back to shore, but we at Shoreline Properties do.
If you follow these tips, we here at Shoreline are certain you will remain safe while swimming the day away. We love our ocean, but we love our guests even more. Now, head to the beach and enjoy all Ocean City has to offer!