Ocean City has a long-held reputation of being a family-friendly resort. We’ve got so many activities for kids and adults alike. But sometimes… you need a break from the kids and a little quality time with your significant other. And we’ve got plenty of attractions for you lovebirds as well! Here are five places we at Shoreline Properties recommend for a night on the town with your beloved:
1. Fager’s Island: Fager’s is one of Ocean City’s more upscale restaurants. It features delicious cuisine, live bands, and even a club! It’s a great place to grab dinner and a show. Hundreds of couples flock to this amazing restaurant every year, and you should too.
2. Sunset Grille: For a real romantic meal, take your loved one to this swanky restaurant right on the bay! Enjoy gourmet food and watch the sun set over the water. It’s a peaceful, serene environment that’ll have you staring into each others’ eyes for hours.
3. Seacrets: This club is one of our most famous attractions, and for good reason. Take your partner for dinner and dancing, or just to lounge with a drink in your hands. Enjoy live music and talented DJs and dance the night away!
4. Sun & Surf Cinema: If you’re not up for much activity, go on a movie date! This theater is the perfect place to just relax and take in a film together. Recently renovated, this theater has comfy recliners instead of traditional theater seats. Reserve your seats ahead of time, and maybe you can snag one of the two-person love seats! Relive your youth on a good, old-fashioned movie date night.
5. The Shore: If you’re not looking for a fuss (or something that costs money), go for a walk along the beach! Watching the sun set over the ocean is one of the most romantic things in the world. Walk along the edge and talk or just stroll in companionable silence. For the couple who likes the simple things in life, this is the perfect date spot for you!
Whether you’re adventurous or chill, there are so many options for a vacation date night you’ll remember for a long time to come! Shoreline Properties wishes you a happy vacation and a happy love!
Everyone loves to swim in the ocean! The salt of the sea and motion of the waves provide hours of fun and relaxation. But please bare in mind: the ocean is a wild force, controlled by the tides. While you’re having fun on your Ocean City vacation, be sure you’re being safe. Here are some tips from Shoreline Properties on staying safe in the ocean:
- Pay attention to the tides and roughness of the waves. If you don’t think you can handle rougher waves, take a break from swimming. If you think you can, always keep your bearings. Keep your spot on the beach and a lifeguard in sight. Watch out for the people around you. Look ahead to the waves that are coming next. Always remain aware of your surroundings.
- Stay updated on the presence of riptides. Certain areas of the Ocean City beach are prone to riptides. If you are unsure if one could be near, ask a lifeguard. If you see people avoiding a certain area, stay away from that area: it is very probably a riptide. If you find yourself caught in a riptide, swim to the side, not toward the shore. If you swim sideways, you will free yourself from the rip current. From there, you can swim to shore.
- Never leave children unattended. Make sure they are always in your sight and easy to reach in an emergency. Children may not know their limits or understand that the water is too rough. Remove children from currents you do not think they can handle.
- Take breaks. You don’t want to tire yourself. This will make it harder to swim if you find yourself caught in a particularly rough current. Even if you don’t feel tired, be sure to take several breaks throughout the day. Enforce breaks for your children, especially since they will likely need more than you. Conserve your energy just in case the tide gets a little too rough.
- Please, please, please only swim when a lifeguard is present. It is far easier to lose control in the ocean than in a lake or pool. Even if you are a very good swimmer, please only swim when there is a professional who can help if something happens. The ocean does not care if you make it back to shore, but we at Shoreline Properties do.
If you follow these tips, we here at Shoreline are certain you will remain safe while swimming the day away. We love our ocean, but we love our guests even more. Now, head to the beach and enjoy all Ocean City has to offer!
Looking for some fun activities to do with the family while also saving money? Look no farther! Here are some of our most popular attractions right here in Ocean City absolutely free!
- Sundaes in the Park- Visit Northside Park (125th Street) on Sundays for free ice cream and a firework show! What could be better than a cooling, yummy treat and fireworks?
- Movies on the Beach- While drive-in movies are a thing of the past, movies on the beach are only getting more and more popular! On Mondays and Fridays at 8:30 p.m. all summer long, head down to the 27th Street beach and catch a flick. If you can’t make one of those shows, head over to the 118th Street beach (by the Carousel) on Wednesdays at 8:30 and watch something there!
- Family Beach Olympics- Does your family enjoy a little competition? Tuesdays at the 27th Street beach from 6:30-8:30 p.m. is the place for you! Take part in sand castle contests, tug-of-war, relay races, and more! Don’t miss the chance to show Ocean City what your family is made of!
- OC Museum Programs- Is your family more on the inquisitive side? Head over to the Ocean City Life-Saving Museum at the Inlet at 10 a.m. Monday- Saturday and learn all about beach safety, knotting, sharks, and so much more! You can also witness feedings at the aquarium! For the future marine biologist in your life, this is one experience you can’t miss.
- OC Beach Dance Party- Let loose with your family at the Carolina Street Stage on the beach Tuesdays from 7- 9 p.m. and watch DJ Batman blow your mind! Rock out and shake it to live entertainment or just sit back and relax. Don’t miss the exciting guest performances and theme nights! For all you music lovers, this is the perfect place to dance the night away!
We at Shoreline Properties want you to have to most enjoyable vacation possible, so we keep our eyes and ears open for all variety of excitement Ocean City has to offer. If you’re looking for a little less stress this vacation, don’t miss all the free fun we have for everyone!
Ocean City is not just a great summer getaway. It’s home to lots of hidden talent! While you’re here, take in the arts! Patronize the magic shows on the Boardwalk, attend an art showing, or see a rock show! Take the local art culture with you to the beach, and read all the local blogs and newspapers! Today we at Shoreline would like to spotlight a few creative souls who’ve found their home right here on the Eastern Shore (Click on the names to be taken to their website!)!
- LR Strange’s Blog: Under the guise of a pen name, Ms. Strange writes blog posts almost daily about books, music, and local events. She delivers her point of view eloquently and with a wry sense of humor. Strange has lived in Berlin (a mere fifteen minutes from the beach!) for twelve years. She studied at Wor-Wic Community College, then transferred to Salisbury University where she received a Bachelor’s in Creative Writing. She won first place in Stephen Decatur High School’s 2009 Playwright Competition. Strange loves books and music more than life and dreams of one day writing Young and New Adult fiction. Her writing influences are V.E. Schwab, Cassandra Clare, and Laini Taylor.
- Human Connection’s Band: Human Connection hails from Coastal Delaware and has been dominating the music game since 2016. A rock group, the guys perform original music and amazing covers. But that’s not all: at every show, they give out copies of their demo CD. Their only goal is to bring people together and keep music alive on the Eastern Shore. They have quickly become beloved and they want to share that love. If you get the chance, definitely check them out.
- David Simpson’s Art: Currently holding a residency position at Ocean City’s Center for the Arts, this Ocean City native is one of our finest in the visual medium. His paintings capture the beautiful and surreal air of our magnificent resort and the curves and plains of the human form. Simpson studied at Salisbury University where he received a Bachelor’s in Philosophy and Fine Arts (Painting). He later received his Master’s for the Art of Teaching from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. The award-winner now serves on the Worcester County Arts Council and shows his work at any show he can.
Shoreline Properties values the artistic contributions our locals make to the community. We hope you do too and that you spend some time enjoying all our talented citizens have to offer.
We hope that you have a safe and happy holiday season.
From our family to yours,