Coming up in July, we have a lot of fun events and activities in Ocean City! Shoreline Properties wants to help you plan your vacation accordingly so you can enjoy all we have to offer! Our most anticipated events are our firework shows. Here are all the exciting events we have this month (free events denoted with a *):
July 3-7: Starpower Believe- Convention Center, 40th Street
July 4: Concert & Fireworks*- N. Division Street Beach
July 4: Concert & Fireworks*- Northside Park, 125th Street
July 8: Captain Craig Swim- 14th Street Beach
July 14-16: Ocean City Tuna Tournament- Ocean City Fishing Center, West OC
July 19-23: Starpower National Talent Competition- Convention Center, 40th Street
July 24-29: Starpower Revolution- Convention Center, 40th Street
July 28-31: Greek Festival- Convention Center, 40th Street
July 29: OC Beach Patrol Crew Competition*- N. Division Street Beach
July 31- August 2: Jesus at the Beach- Convention Center and N. Division Street
Is there a sadder day than check-out day? After all the fun of your vacation, it’s tough to go back to the real world. You’re exhausted and stressed, getting everything together until you say goodbye (at least until next time!). Sometimes you may forget a few things in the scuffle. Here we have compiled a few helpful hints for the morning of your check-out:
- Empty all trashcans and dump the bags either down the trash chute (usually found in the building hallway) or the closest dumpster (usually found behind almost any building).
- Wash all the dishes you and your party used and place them back where you originally found them. It is your responsibility to clean the dishes you used, as cleaners do not wash dishes.
- If you moved any furniture, please return it to its original position.
- Double check every room, closet, and drawer for any personal items. We do not ship any items left behind. If the cleaners or following tenants find anything, you must arrange for your own shipping.
- Make sure all sliding glass doors are locked, all windows are closed, and lock the front door.
Thank you so much for renting with Shoreline. We hope to see you again for your next vacation!
This year, Shoreline Properties has acquired many beautiful new properties! Come be among the first to stay at any of these lovely homes away from home and check them out now! Click on each name to find out more!
- Purnell House 401– This luxury three-bedroom condo is gorgeous and cozy, an upscale beach haven! It has some amazing features, like free WiFi and an outdoor pool. There’s plenty of sleeping space with two king beds, two bunk beds, and a queen sleep sofa. It’s the perfect family getaway!
- La Mirage 205– This one-bedroom condo epitomizes the beach cabin with its adorable coastal decor. It has some great features, including free WiFi and a breathtaking view! Sleep comfortably in the queen bed, the roll-away bed, or the queen sleep sofa. It’s the best place to immerse yourself in beach vibes!
- Pyramid 19-J– This luxury one-bedroom condo fully embraces modern styles. It features high-end furniture and artfully crafted sinks. It offers free WiFi, two double beds, a queen sleep sofa, and an outdoor pool. Come and be amazed by this condo and the view!
- SeaBrook #205– Beach decor dominates this two-bedroom condo, recalling the very beach that is a mere stroll away! It has some impressive features, including free WiFi and three TVs! Sleep deeply in the queen bed, one of the two double beds, or the queen sleep sofa. For the beach-crazed, this condo is ideal.
- Sunset South #3– This two-bedroom condo is as fresh as spring, decorated with floral patterns and pastel colors. It’s super affordable and features free WiFi! You’ll sleep soundly on the queen bed, one of the two twin beds, or the queen sleep sofa. If you’re looking to be refreshed on your vacation, this condo is perfect for you!
- Beach Club 123 C-This sophisticated two-bedroom condo is impeccably decorated and tastefully styled. Sit in the lap of luxury and make use of the free WiFi and the outdoor pool. Rest up for the next day’s fun in one of the two double beds or the queen sleep sofa. Stay at this two-floor condo and take your vacation in style!
- Discovery I #11– This upscale three-bedroom townhouse is stylishly decorated and spacious enough for even the biggest of families. Relax by the docks and take advantage of the free WiFi. Curl up wherever, since the house offers a king bed, a double bed, three twin beds, a queen sleep sofa, and a double sleep sofa! You’ll be living large in this gorgeous townhome by the bay.
- Jamaica I 302– This two-bedroom townhouse is a modern marvel. The wood flooring complements the decor fantastically. Relax on the balcony and utilize the WiFi offered. Have sweet dreams on any one of the many beds, including a king bed, one of the two twin beds with trundles, and a queen sleep sofa. You’ll never want to leave this beautiful canal-side home.
- Channel Buoy Retreat– This fabulous five-bedroom luxury house will make you feel like royalty with all its beauty and splendor. Take in the breathtaking view of the canal or enjoy one of the house’s many exciting features, like free WiFi, a game room, a boat dock, and a stunning courtyard. Splurge for a family reunion and find a comfortable place for everyone to sleep. The home includes a king bed, a queen bed, two doubles, a bunk bed, a day bed with a trundle, and a twin. Find your heaven on earth at this magnificent retreat.
- Easton Home– We also feature one property in Easton, Maryland: an absolutely stunning five-bedroom luxury estate. This home- perfect for weddings, family reunions, and more- has so much to offer, including free WiFi, two outdoor pools (one heated!), a game room, kayaks & paddleboard, a pier, brand new Jenn-air appliances, a waterfall sink, and much, more more! Everyone’s got a place to sleep, since the house is equipped with two king beds, three queen beds, and two doubles. This estate home offers a mind-blowing experience in a wonderful historic town, allowing you to make memories to last you and your family a lifetime.
Ocean City is not just a great summer getaway. It’s home to lots of hidden talent! While you’re here, take in the arts! Patronize the magic shows on the Boardwalk, attend an art showing, or see a rock show! Take the local art culture with you to the beach, and read all the local blogs and newspapers! Today we at Shoreline would like to spotlight a few creative souls who’ve found their home right here on the Eastern Shore (Click on the names to be taken to their website!)!
- LR Strange’s Blog: Under the guise of a pen name, Ms. Strange writes blog posts almost daily about books, music, and local events. She delivers her point of view eloquently and with a wry sense of humor. Strange has lived in Berlin (a mere fifteen minutes from the beach!) for twelve years. She studied at Wor-Wic Community College, then transferred to Salisbury University where she received a Bachelor’s in Creative Writing. She won first place in Stephen Decatur High School’s 2009 Playwright Competition. Strange loves books and music more than life and dreams of one day writing Young and New Adult fiction. Her writing influences are V.E. Schwab, Cassandra Clare, and Laini Taylor.
- Human Connection’s Band: Human Connection hails from Coastal Delaware and has been dominating the music game since 2016. A rock group, the guys perform original music and amazing covers. But that’s not all: at every show, they give out copies of their demo CD. Their only goal is to bring people together and keep music alive on the Eastern Shore. They have quickly become beloved and they want to share that love. If you get the chance, definitely check them out.
- David Simpson’s Art: Currently holding a residency position at Ocean City’s Center for the Arts, this Ocean City native is one of our finest in the visual medium. His paintings capture the beautiful and surreal air of our magnificent resort and the curves and plains of the human form. Simpson studied at Salisbury University where he received a Bachelor’s in Philosophy and Fine Arts (Painting). He later received his Master’s for the Art of Teaching from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. The award-winner now serves on the Worcester County Arts Council and shows his work at any show he can.
Shoreline Properties values the artistic contributions our locals make to the community. We hope you do too and that you spend some time enjoying all our talented citizens have to offer.
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned vet, we could all benefit from some great hints and tips that will help make your vacation smooth and fun for everyone! Here are some we’ve collected over our 30 years of loyal service in this great resort town:
- Eating out is fun, but some days it’s easier to stay in. There are several grocery stores located throughout Ocean City for your convenience, including a new Walmart Supercenter on Route 50.
- Swim safely! If your rental property has a pool, please be aware that there may not be a lifeguard on duty. Keep an eye on every member of your party, especially kids. And remember, children must always be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Forgot your beach supplies? No problem! Beach chairs and umbrellas are available for rent all along the beach.
- Do you have no where to park? No worries! If you have more cars than parking spaces, there is always street parking available all over Ocean City. Best of all, it’s completely free!
- Traveling around Ocean City to get to all the amazing attractions can be a real hassle. Instead of fighting the traffic, take the bus. It’s just $3 a day!
- Pesky sand getting everywhere? Avoid tracking it into your rental by making use of the outdoor showers. Some buildings have them located right on their side, but you can also find them along the Boardwalk and Dunes. Rinse off your family and all your beach supplies. Additionally, we recommend you leave your beach supplies in the car or a storage closet, if one is provided.
- Keep cool by keeping steady! Avoid adjusting temperature settings or leaving the freezer door open for long periods of time. We recommend keeping all air conditioning set at a cool 70 degrees.
- Don’t stress; just relax! Many TVs have more than one remote; be sure you use the correct remote to change channels or access other features.
- Spend with a plan, Stan! We offer many coupon books and activity pamphlets. Stock up when you check in and use them throughout your stay!
- While vacation is a time to let loose, we ask that you treat all furniture with care. Employ some “house rules,” so you can avoid any breakage or damage.
With these tips and trick by your side, you’re sure to have an amazing vacation! We at Shoreline look forward to seeing you this summer!
Shoreline Properties welcomes you to Ocean City! We hope you have a fun, safe, memorable vacation. And remember, we are always available to help make your vacation even better! Give us a call at 1-800-492-5832 or browse our site so you can plan for your future vacation! Let’s make this summer awesome!